TRAINS & BUSES
- ITALIAN NATIONAL RAIL (Trenitalia). The new Frecciarossa high-speed trains are not cheap but worth the money (Florence-Venice just over 2hrs.)
- Online TIMETABLE of most of southern Tuscany's bus connections
- SENA Coaches to all major Italian cities from Siena, Florence and Grosseto. Prices are lower, but trips take in most cases quite a bit longer than on the train.
- Sita bus line from Florence - Siena. The buses arrive in the center of Siena. There are also trains between Siena and Florence. It's a slightly longer trip and the train station is 10 minutes on a bus from the town center (the buses part from the shopping center opposite the train station).
- TRAIN Buses in Siena and also running to most towns in the province of Siena (e.g. Siena - Montalcino).
- RAMA Bus service in Southern Tuscany, focusing on the province of Grosseto (most local towns) plus transport from Southern Tuscany to Siena and Florence.
CAR HIRE SIENA
CAR HIRE GROSSETO
GREAT TRAVEL and 'Life in Italy' BLOGS
- Visit Tuscany - Tuscany's official tourism website
- Arttrav - Florence and Tuscany seen through the eyes of a Florence-based Canadian art historian
- Letters from Florence - life in Renaissance heaven (or hell?) and freelance writing
- Maremma Guide - a treasure chest of travel advice for your trip to stunning Maremma
- At Home in Tuscany - advice and insight from a true Tuscan perspective
- Wishversilia - anything you want to know about beautiful Versilia in Northern Tuscany
- LIVORNO NOW - what to do in Livorno? Plenty! This website is a must if you're coming through Tuscany's biggest port.
- Brigolante - a wealth of great travel information if you come to Tuscany via Umbria
- Bleeding Espresso - an American in Calabria between writing, coffee and a couple of goats.
WINE and FOOD BLOGS